Oct 02, 2018, 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM (Pacific)
Mar 26, 2019, 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM (Pacific)
|Field of Study:||Specialized Knowledge & Applications|
|Audience:||HR Managers, Compensation Managers, Compensation Analysts, HR Generalists, Managers|
|Level of Difficulty:||Intermediate|
|Delivery Method:||Group Internet-Based|
|Prerequisites:||Analyzing and Using Salary Survey Data Webinar or a working knowledge of using salary survey data.|
|SHRM BoCK:||SHRM BoCK: As defined by the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge TM, this webinar covers competency topics related to critical evaluation with the knowledge area being total rewards.|
|Overview:||This is an intermediate level course for those with a working knowledge of compensation. It is not intended for the advanced practitioner.
A well-designed salary structure will enable an organization to deliver an internally equitable, externally competitive, cost effective, personally motivating, flexible, and ongoing compensation program.
In this webinar, you will follow a detailed case study to learn how to design and deliver a competitive, market-priced pay structure with salary grades.
This webinar can be taken alone or as part of a series that should be taken in this order: Compensation Basics, Analyzing and Using Salary Survey Data, Designing Pay Structures, Salary Administration.
- The importance of your Compensation Strategy
- Learn the characteristics that provide a foundation for a sound pay structure
- Measure the marketplace to create a fair and competitive salary structure
- Learn different approaches to develop a market competitive, implementable salary structure
- Learn how to calculate the cost of your compensation program
- Present your compensation program for senior management approval
- Successfully manage the implementation of your pay structure
| Presenter(s):|| |
Linda Cox, CCP
Linda is the Compensation Project Manager at ERI Economic Research Institute and has over 30 years of Global Compensation Director-level and consultative experience with major multi-national corporations such as Allergan, Beckman Coulter, Quest Software and Dell. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Education from California State University, Long Beach, and is a Certified Compensation Professional. She is currently volunteering as Treasurer of The Orange County Compensation & Benefits Association. Linda's business and personal travel has taken her to 32 countries and almost 400 cities throughout the world. She also established the Allergan International Assignment Program which grew to 67 expatriates during her 16 year Allergan career.
| Credit & Professional Continuing Education Information:|| |
Credit Hours - You must attend for 90 minutes to be eligible:
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP: ERI Distance Learning Center is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- aPHR/PHR/SPHR/GPHR: ERI Distance Learning Center is a recognized provider of recertification credits. HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) pre-approved this program for 1.5 HR (General) credit hours towards aPHR™, PHR®, SPHR®, and GPHR® recertification.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
- CBP/CCP/GRP/WLCP/CECP/CSCP: This webinar qualifies for recertification credit for the Certified Compensation Professional (CCP®), Certified Benefits Professional® (CBP), Global Remuneration Professional (GRP®), Work-Life Certified Professional (WLCP®), Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP™) and Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP™) designations granted by WorldatWork Society of Certified Professionals. Please note that the CECP and CSCP designations require a minimum number of credits from executive and sales compensation-related activities. For more information on recertification, visit the WorldatWork Society recertification webpage at www.worldatworksociety.org/recertification.
| Additional Info:|| |
- Salary Assessor® Compensation Software: You will receive a free demo edition of ERI's Salary Assessor software, which provides the most extensive analysis of competitive rates in existence. This tool has been used by thousands of organizations since 1987 and provides salary and incentive pay for more than 6,300 positions. Salary data in the Assessor may be reported by organization size, industry, and geographic location; reliability statistics are provided. A specific salary planning date may be selected to ensure that data is aged to meet the user's needs. A benchmark list may be used within the program for ease in analyzing total competitiveness.
- Webinar PowerPoint Presentation: All attendees will receive the PowerPoint slideshow for this webinar and may use it in staff training.