8575 164th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
ERI Economic Research Institute was founded in 1987 to provide compensation, benefits, and Human Resource research for private and public organizations in the form of published reports and software database products. Revenues for ERI are earned solely from these cost-of-living and salary survey software and publication sales. ERI does not provide fee-for-service consulting.
ERI's research database software subscriptions are available to management, analysts and consultants and are now widely used by client organizations (over 10,000 corporate and consulting subscribers, affecting over 100,000 organizations' pay practices). Subscribers include corporate compensation, relocation, human resources, and other professionals, as well as independent consultants and counselors, and US and Canadian public sector administrators (including military, law enforcement, city/county, state/provincial, and federal government pay administrators). And with the introduction of the Occupational Assessor (eDOT) software, vocational rehabilitation counselors, forensic economists, immigration attorneys and a host of other niche professionals are now joining as subscribers. ERI analyses are not available to the general public.
ERI's online survey website provides patented (March 2005) online interactive salary surveys for positions and locations not covered by traditional survey vendors. (Patent Number US 6,862,596 and 7,647,322. Other Patents Pending.) ERI utilizes this survey data to increase the robustness of our Assessor Series salary and cost-of-living datasets.
The following compensation software products are available for purchase on an annual subscription basis.
- Salary Assessor Salary Guide
- ERI's Salary Assessor® software provides consensus salary ranges for more than 5,000 position titles as compiled from available published wage and salary survey sources. Estimates may be adjusted for user inputs of salary planning date, metro area, industry, and company size. The Salary Assessor software and databases include position descriptions for job matching. Benchmark listings for jobs by industry, as well as multiple area listings for a single job in up to 99 metro areas, are provided in summary listings. The Salary Assessor includes reliability statistics to meet a Daubert challenge. A UK/European edition is also available.
- Geographic Assessor Labor Cost Software
- The Geographic Assessor® software and databases calculate salary and cost-of-living differentials between any of nearly 7,000 US and Canadian cities and neighborhoods. The Geographic Assessor summarizes both percentage and dollar differentials between any base city and up to 99 comparison cities at a time. Research for the Geographic Assessor software and databases focuses on the presentation of wage and salary structures for each geographic area based upon consensus regression analyses of salary surveys, and also incorporates summary cost-of-living data from the Relocation Assessor® software and databases. Immigration Prevailing Wage Reports can be created with Internet links to online surveys, and an analysis of potential overpayment created by use of the US OES survey is included. A UK/European edition was introduced in 2002.
- Relocation Assessor Cost-of-Living Calculator
- The Relocation Assessor® software and databases provide cost-of-living comparisons and reports between any of 10,000 locations worldwide (Consultant Edition). This application provides necessary information useful for permanent transfers or temporary cost-of-living allowances. User inputs include: spending level; currency, living areas; home rental or ownership (mortgage specifications); home size; family size; tax residency, and number of automobiles, miles driven, and value. It allows rent versus home ownership analyses and provides income tax analyses for 189 countries. Like all Assessor Series software, it allows one to personalize reports to show them as being derived from a subscriber's office.
- Executive Compensation Survey Software
- The Executive Compensation Assessor® software compares salaries and bonuses for more than 400 position titles in the US, Canada, and Europe. Executive compensation levels are calculated based on user input for position, industry, location, pay strategy, executive performance, and salary planning date. Compare your organization’s executive pay packages to competitors, viewing their past compensation packages for top officers, including stock options and benefits. This is the most comprehensive database of executive compensation information available.
- Nonprofit Comparables Assessor & Tax-Exempt Survey
- ERI’s Nonprofit Comparables Assessor™ & Tax-Exempt Survey (CA) software is a desktop software application that compares executive compensation at nonprofit organizations in the United States. Executive compensation levels are calculated based on user input for position, industry, pay strategy, and executive performance. Utilized by the IRS and the NY State Attorney General Charities Bureau, ERI is a trusted source of compensation data.
- Occupational Assessor (eDOT) Software
- This job analysis software provides position descriptions for more than 21,000 position titles. Designed for career counselors, HR professionals, vocational rehabilitation advocates, disability administrators, as well as those who specialize in training and outplacement, the Occupational Assessor® enables users to create custom reports for compensation and career planning. Alternative work opportunities are calculated based on user input for an individual’s education, work history, interests, physical capabilities, and cognitive/emotional limitations.
ERI's Platform Library
This free DVD provides demo editions of all the above software programs. In addition, it links users to a host of other free Resources, including ERI's Salary Increase Survey. The Online Courses link on the Platform Library takes you to the ERI Distance Learning Center (dlc.erieri.com). Here HR professionals take online compensation and benefits courses for their continuing professional education. Courses provide PHR, SPHR, GPHR, CCP, CBP, GRP, CRCC, CE, and CPE continuing education credit.
ERI also provides several research web resources free of charge:
- OES Salary Survey Data: This is a presentation of the latest OES salary survey data.
- Survey Finder: Find salary surveys based on job title and industry.
- Executive Compensation Data: Found at www.eri-executive-compensation.com, this site serves as a portal to executive compensation planning resources, including articles, online courses, and free access to SEC 10-K and annual reports, documenting publicly traded organizations' financial and executive pay histories.
- Nonnprofit Salaries: Found at www.eri-nonprofit-salaries.com, this site links to an executive nonprofit salaries calculator as well as millions of nonprofit Form 990 PDFs. Research reasonable and competitive nonprofit salaries at this website designed for tax-exempt organizations.
Security Clearance for US and Canada technical data: ERI has received certification from the US/Canada Joint Certification Program (Certification# 0038784 ). Certification is required for US or Canadian contractors that wish to obtain access to unclassified technical data disclosing militarily critical technology with military or space application that is under the control of, or in the possession of the US Department of Defense (DOD) or the Canadian Department of National Defense (DND). Certification under the US/Canada Joint Certification Program establishes the eligibility of a US or Canadian contractor to receive technical data governed, in the US, by DOD Directive 5230.25.
ERI Economic Research Institute primarily serves private industry. (The public sector, the IRS, and libraries comprise approximately 20% of our subscribers.) Our salary structure analyses have been in use since 1974; the PC software to extract competitive wage and salary rates since 1987; and our COL analyses since 1989. ERI does not provide consulting services. EIN 33-0356443, CAGE code 0XP39.
- ERI Economic Research Institute
- 8575 - 164th Avenue NE, Suite 100, Redmond, WA 98052 USA
- Telephone (800) 627-3697 or (425) 556-0205,
- Fax (360) 733-5550, E-mail
- ERI does not present itself as the absolute authority on any issue. Instead, we compile data for professionals to analyze and consider and provide Assessor Series and eDOT software and Reference reports to assist in that effort.
- Copyright © 1987-2013 ERI Economic Research Institute, Inc.
- Assessor Series and eDOT software database access by subscription agreement only.
- Re-sale of Assessor Series, eDOT, eDOT Project, or Reference Series data is prohibited. Posting of Assessor Series or eDOT data or results, or Reference Series, on the Internet is also prohibited.