Apr 30, 2019, 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM (Pacific)
|Field of Study:||Specialized Knowledge & Applications|
|Audience:||HR Managers, Compensation Managers, Compensation Analysts|
|Level of Difficulty:||Intermediate|
|Delivery Method:||Group Internet-Based|
|SHRM BoCK:||SHRM BoCK: As defined by the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge TM, this webinar covers competency topics related to critical evaluation with the knowledge area being total rewards.|
|Overview:||This is an intermediate level course for those with a working knowledge of compensation. It is not intended for the advanced practitioner.
Fair, market competitive, and equitable salary administration is critical to a highly engaged workforce.
In this webinar, you will learn various approaches to effectively design, administer, and communicate salary increases and other important compensation programs.
This webinar can be taken alone or as part of a series that should be taken in this order: Compensation Basics, Analyzing and Using Salary Survey Data, Designing Pay Structures, Salary Administration.
- Create the tools and programs for successful salary administration covering a range of methodologies such as a flat rates, step rates, variable step rates, with an emphasis on merit increase programs
- Review latest trends in performance management
- Obtain a Microsoft Excel worksheet designed for managing a focal merit increase process (including formulas)
- Learn how to stretch your salary increase budget to truly pay for performance
- Learn key terms and approaches to administer pay adjustments for promotions, transfers, demotions, compression issues, and temporary assignments
- Learn different methodologies in setting up supplemental pay programs including differentials, allowances, and one-time bonuses
- Enhance compensation guidance for your new hire process
- Learn various pay approaches and best applications for your business
- Learn techniques to effectively develop career ladders and establish job titling guidelines and policies
- Review, monitor, and audit your organization's pay
- Communicate your pay programs effectively
| Presenter(s):|| Linda Cox, CCP|
Linda is the Compensation Project Manager at ERI Economic Research Institute and has over 30 years of Global Compensation Director-level and consultative experience with major multi-national corporations such as Allergan, Beckman Coulter, Quest Software and Dell. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Education from California State University, Long Beach, and is a Certified Compensation Professional. She is currently volunteering as Treasurer of The Orange County Compensation & Benefits Association. Linda"s business and personal travel has taken her to 32 countries and almost 400 cities throughout the world. She also established the Allergan International Assignment Program which grew to 67 expatriates during her 16 year Allergan career.
| Credit & Professional Continuing Education Information:|| |
Credit Hours - You must attend for 90 minutes to be eligible:
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP: ERI Distance Learning Center is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- aPHR/PHR/SPHR/GPHR: ERI Distance Learning Center is a recognized provider of recertification credits. HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) pre-approved this program for 1.5 HR (General) credit hours towards aPHR™, PHR®, SPHR®, and GPHR® recertification.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
- CBP/CCP/GRP/WLCP/CECP/CSCP: This webinar qualifies for recertification credit for the Certified Compensation Professional (CCP®), Certified Benefits Professional® (CBP), Global Remuneration Professional (GRP®), Work-Life Certified Professional (WLCP®), Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP™) and Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP™) designations granted by WorldatWork Society of Certified Professionals. Please note that the CECP and CSCP designations require a minimum number of credits from executive and sales compensation-related activities. For more information on recertification, visit the WorldatWork Society recertification webpage at www.worldatwork.org/certification/recertification.
| Additional Info:|| |
- Salary Assessor® Compensation Software: You will receive a free demo edition of ERI"s Salary Assessor software, which provides the most extensive analysis of competitive rates in existence. This tool has been used by thousands of organizations since 1987 and provides salary and incentive pay for more than 7,000 positions. Salary data in the Assessor may be reported by organization size, industry, and geographic location; reliability statistics are provided. A specific salary planning date may be selected to ensure that data is aged to meet the user"s needs. A benchmark list may be used within the program for ease in analyzing total competitiveness.
- Webinar PowerPoint Presentation: All attendees will receive the PowerPoint slideshow for this webinar and may use it in staff training.